Skip to main content

Hands on Design Chalk Full Small Boo!








I am finally sharing my small Boo! Hands on Design Chalk Full piece! Life has been hectic and I wanted to post this earlier. I am trying to wrap up all my fall and Halloween posts before Thanksgiving, but we will see how that goes 😂 As mentioned in my previous post where I shared my finish of the larger Chalk Full Boo! design, my whole kit came from the Fat Quarter Shop Chalk Full Club. I had made some color substitutions in the larger design (which you can read about here) and I used the same color changes in the smaller design as well. I really enjoyed stitching this smaller piece! Note I forgot to fill in the green on the pumpkin stem. I may get around to going back and filling that in, but maybe not 😉



 After stitching the small Chalk Full Boo I mounted it to a piece of PresOn self adhesive mounting board then hot glued black mini pipping around the edges. I found this super cute vintage jack-o-lantern at Dollar General for $3.50. I love his black and white legs! I made a little bow tie  and added one of the jack-o-lantern bells from Hobby Lobby. Then I hot glued metal washers and magnets to attach the piece. You can watch my FlossTube video here to see it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Spring Stitching

It has been so long since I made a blog post I almost forgot I still had this blog 😄 Today I am sharing all my spring stitching that I have completed so far during 2020. I may do a bit more (I have a couple of WIPs that aren't completed and that drives me crazy) sometime this year, but I am focusing on patriotic designs at the moment. I am already itching to start some fall and Halloween stitching too! Maybe if I stuck to a regular rotation I would cover all the bases 😂 First up is the Hands on Design More Chocolate Bunnies . I have eyed this pattern since it first came out, but when we got a brown Lion Head rabbit last fall I just knew I had stitch this design! I opted to stitch it on a piece of 28ct Monaco I dyed myself with auqamarine RIT dye and a tad bit of coffee. I did a floss toss with all the called for DMC at Michael's at first, then changed up colors as I thought needed to coordinate with my fabric choice. After I started stitching I scratched most the colors and...

First Halloween Finish

I am so excited to share my first ever Halloween cross stitch finish! This design is Snail Slime from the Scary Apothecary series by Hands on Design. As soon as I saw this design I had to purchase it and stitch it up for the Halloween season this year! I love snails and think they are just adorable. The kids and I love looking for snails in our front flower bed where they have lived for a few years. We have had some as big as a nickle, which we have nicknamed Daddy Snail when we see him 😂 Needless to say the kids thought this design was pretty cute too. I chose to hand dye a piece of 28ct DMC Monaco fabric to stitch on, but I knew I didn't want to do white as shown on the design piece. I am really drawn to dark gray and other typical Halloween colors. I dyed my fabric using the Charcoal Rit Dye and baked it dry. Then  I used a bit of left over coffee to soak it once again. I baked it a second time even longer than before to make the coffee marks really darken up.  It re...

Happy Thanksgiving! Wee Gobbler by Heart in Hand

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you are having (or had) a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my readers who visit and also those who take the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate all the love and support! You all have been so wonderful! I am also so very thankful for the cross stitching community online and for FlossTube. I have made so many new friends over the past year. Everyone in the cross stitching community is so positive and supportive. I have been so inspired by all the projects and ideas that are shared which helps me think outside the box with my own projects. I hope to keep sharing videos and blogging to maybe inspire someone else with my own creations. Today I am sharing a very special piece, Wee Gobbler by Heart in Hand. I purchased this chart many years ago. If memory serves me correct, around 16 years ago, but maybe more! I had purchased a design from my local needle shop, Silver Needle, 16 years ago to make a gift for my soon-to-be Mother in Law. I beli...