Skip to main content

Happy First Day of Fall!

In honor of the first day of fall, I am sharing one of my recent finishes as my first post on my Priceless Stitching Blog! This design is Happy Harvest from Country Cottage Needleworks. It is stitched on a 28 count evenweave from Hobby Lobby's Artiste brand. I did a light coffee and tea dye on the fabric before stitching on it. I used all the called for overdyed flosses except for the red on the house, which is Classic Colorworks Cherry Cobbler. The pattern called for CC Crab Cakes, but it was too pinky for my taste. I had also just picked up this adorable tin FarmHouse decor piece on clearance at my local grocery store and placed picks inside. The Cherry Cobbler was the perfect color to match. I knew it had to be displayed next to my Happy Harvest! The only change I made to the pattern was omitting the birds.



I mounted Happy Harvest on Pres-On self stick mounting board I purchased from Amazon. Then I hot glued some torn homespun cotton print (not actual homespun) ruffled around the edges. I attached the completed piece by hot gluing magnets on the back of both the cross stitch piece and the photo frame so I can reuse the frame for other cross stitch through out the year.  The photo frame was $4 from Walmart and it was originally gray, but I chalk painted it brown to go better with my decor. I made a simple swag piece to place above Happy Harvest by making a loopy bow out of both raffia and twine. I hot glued a maroon paper flower and an acorn on both sides for the center of the layered bow. The paper flower and acorns are both from Hobby Lobby.  This is displayed in my living room in a built in bookshelf. Stay tuned to see all my other completed cross stitched pieces!



You can see this completed piece on my Flosstube #1 below. This was my first video so it isn't perfect 😀 I film my videos with my better video camera as well now.


Be sure to check out my other episodes as well! I am making a new Flosstube each week where I share all my current projects. I also sew, quilt and hand smock clothing for my daughter and share those projects as I am working on them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Spring Stitching

It has been so long since I made a blog post I almost forgot I still had this blog 😄 Today I am sharing all my spring stitching that I have completed so far during 2020. I may do a bit more (I have a couple of WIPs that aren't completed and that drives me crazy) sometime this year, but I am focusing on patriotic designs at the moment. I am already itching to start some fall and Halloween stitching too! Maybe if I stuck to a regular rotation I would cover all the bases 😂 First up is the Hands on Design More Chocolate Bunnies . I have eyed this pattern since it first came out, but when we got a brown Lion Head rabbit last fall I just knew I had stitch this design! I opted to stitch it on a piece of 28ct Monaco I dyed myself with auqamarine RIT dye and a tad bit of coffee. I did a floss toss with all the called for DMC at Michael's at first, then changed up colors as I thought needed to coordinate with my fabric choice. After I started stitching I scratched most the colors and...

First Halloween Finish

I am so excited to share my first ever Halloween cross stitch finish! This design is Snail Slime from the Scary Apothecary series by Hands on Design. As soon as I saw this design I had to purchase it and stitch it up for the Halloween season this year! I love snails and think they are just adorable. The kids and I love looking for snails in our front flower bed where they have lived for a few years. We have had some as big as a nickle, which we have nicknamed Daddy Snail when we see him 😂 Needless to say the kids thought this design was pretty cute too. I chose to hand dye a piece of 28ct DMC Monaco fabric to stitch on, but I knew I didn't want to do white as shown on the design piece. I am really drawn to dark gray and other typical Halloween colors. I dyed my fabric using the Charcoal Rit Dye and baked it dry. Then  I used a bit of left over coffee to soak it once again. I baked it a second time even longer than before to make the coffee marks really darken up.  It re...

Happy Thanksgiving! Wee Gobbler by Heart in Hand

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you are having (or had) a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my readers who visit and also those who take the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate all the love and support! You all have been so wonderful! I am also so very thankful for the cross stitching community online and for FlossTube. I have made so many new friends over the past year. Everyone in the cross stitching community is so positive and supportive. I have been so inspired by all the projects and ideas that are shared which helps me think outside the box with my own projects. I hope to keep sharing videos and blogging to maybe inspire someone else with my own creations. Today I am sharing a very special piece, Wee Gobbler by Heart in Hand. I purchased this chart many years ago. If memory serves me correct, around 16 years ago, but maybe more! I had purchased a design from my local needle shop, Silver Needle, 16 years ago to make a gift for my soon-to-be Mother in Law. I beli...